Dental health is a part of overall health. The dental hygiene of a person can be known from the examination of the debris index score. Based on the results of a preliminary study on 20 parents of inclusion students of SDN Pakis VIII Surabaya, it is known that parents who have no role in assisting children when brushing their teeth routinely 2 times a day morning and night are as much as 90%. The results of the dental examination of 20 inclusion students at SDN Pakis VIII Surabaya found that the status of the inclusion student index debris was in poor criteria, 70%. Therefore, parents have a very big role on children's debris index scores. The problem in this study is the lack of the role of parents in children when brushing their teeth so that it affects the debris index. This research is to find out the influence of the role of parents on the debris index score of inclusive students at SDN Pakis VIII Surabaya. This type of research is a cross sectional analytic study with 60 students (dependent variable) and 60 parents (independent variables) of respondents. Data collection methods used were examination of debris index scores and interviews with parents of students. The data analysis technique uses the Spearman Somers' Gamma test. In this study shows that there is an influence of the role of parents on the debris index score of inclusion students of SDN Pakis VIII Surabaya in 2020.
- Tulangow, Gita J., Damajanty H. C. Pangemanan, and Wulan G. Parengkuan. 2015. “Gambaran Status Karies Pada Anak Berkebutuhan Khusus Di Slb Ypac Manado.” e-GIGI 3(2).
- Isnanto, and Dwi Rahayu. 2014. “Hubungan Pola Asuh Orangtua Dengan Status Kebersihan Gigi Dan Mulut Pada Siswa Tunanetra ( Studi Pada Siswa Tunanetra Kelas V Dan Vi Sdlb A Ypab Surabaya ) Jurusan Keperawatan Gigi Poltekkes Surabaya Abstract Key Words : Parenting of Parents , Status of O.” Kesehatan Gigi vol 2 No 2 2(2): 214–21.
- RISKESDAS. 2018. “Hasil Utama Riskesdas.” Kementrian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia: 1–100. http://www.depkes.go.id/resources/download/info-terkini/hasil-riskesdas-2018.pdf.
- Suryani, Linda. 2017. “Gambaran Menyikat Gigi Terhadap Tingkat Kebersihan.” 5(2): 149–56.
- Widayati, Aryani, And Siti Hidayati. 2017. “Efektifitas Pendampingan Cara Menyikat Gigi Metode Kombinasi Terhadap Skor Plak Pada Penderita Disability Aryani Widayati 1 , Siti Hidayati 2.” 4(2).
- Aprilianti. 2016. “Hubungan Pola Asuh Orangtua Dengan Tingkat Kemandirian Personal Hygiene Pada Anak Tunagrahita Di SLBN PALANGKARAYA.” 14(1): 2–29.
- Juliana. 2019. “Tya Juliana. 2019. Pengaruh Pola Asuh Orang Tua Terhadap Kemandirian Personal Hygiene Anak Berkebutuhan Khusus Di SLB/G-AB Helen Keller Indonesia Tahun Ajaran 2018/2019. Skripsi . Yogyakarta: Univesitas Ahmad Dahlan.”