12
Abstract Views
12
PDF Download
Midwifery

The Relationship between the Effect of Pregnancy Complaints on Quality of Life and The Self Perception Level

,
Pages 66-74

Abstract

This study was conducted to evaluate the relationship between the quality of life and the level of self-perception of pregnant women. In this descriptive study, 331 pregnant women were selected by purposive sampling method between the dates February 1 and April 30, 2021. Data were collected by online survey method using the personal information form, the scale of complaints during pregnancy, and their effect on the quality of life and self-perception of pregnant women scale. The mean age of pregnant women and body mass index were 28.44±5.95 and 25.41±3.19, respectively. It was found that 31.1% of pregnant women were in the first trimester, 30.8% in the second trimester, and 38.1% in their third trimester. On the other hand, 61.9% of them were multiparous and 76.7% of them were planned pregnancies. Their mean scale of complaints during pregnancy and their effect on the quality of life score was 94.52±30.88. The mean maternity perception in the pregnancy subscale score was 22.33±4.44 and the mean body perception in the pregnancy subscale score was 11.77±4.01. It was determined that there was a positive significant correlation between the mean body perception in pregnancy subscale score and the mean scale of complaints during pregnancy and their effect on the quality of life score (r=0.451, p<0.01). In this study, it is concluded that pregnant women have high perceptions of maternity. Their body perceptions and levels of the quality of life during the pregnancy are moderate.  As the self-perception of pregnant women has increased positively, their quality of life during pregnancy has also increased.

There is no Figure or data content available for this article

References NOT AVAILABLE

There is no Supplemental content for this article.

How to Cite This

Elif Yağmur GÜR, & Serap ÖZTÜRK ALTINAYAK. (2022). The Relationship between the Effect of Pregnancy Complaints on Quality of Life and The Self Perception Level. International Conference on Health Sciences, 8(1), 66–74. https://doi.org/10.29238/ichs.v8i1.1282

Article Metrics

Download Statistics

Other Statistics

Verify authenticity via CrossMark

Copyright and Permissions

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Data Availability