Factors Affecting The Diversity Of Family Food Consumption In Rural Areas (Factors That Influence Diversity Of Family Food Consumption In Rural)
The availability of food ingredients in DIY Province is in fairly good condition, but the diversity of food consumption is still low. This research aims to determine the factors that influence the diversity of family food consumption in rural DIY. This research uses data from the 2015 Susenas in DIY as many as 571 families. Data analysis uses Ordinary Least Square (OLS). The average diversity of family food consumption in rural DIY is 64.20%. There is a positive influence of income and employment on the diversity of family food consumption. There is a negative influence on the number of family members and the poor family category on the diversity of family food consumption.
There is no Figure or data content available for this article
- Awani, S.N. &; E. Subekti. 2014. Analysis of Food Security Level of Palm Brown Sugar Processing Households in Kendal District. In: Jangkung H.M., Sugiyarto, Muslimin, Triandy M., Agus D.N., Gilang W., Fatkhiyah R., Liana F.L.P., Hani P. (Eds.). Proceedings of the National Seminar on Food and Agricultural Sovereignty". Faculty of Agriculture UGM. Yogyakarta, December 6, 2014. 226-232.
- Food Security Agency. 2015. Guidelines for Calculating Food Pattern Hope (PPH). Ministry of Agriculture. Jakarta.
- Food Security and DIY Extension Agency. 2016. Provisional Food Balance 2015. Yogyakarta.
- Chagomoka, T., A. Drescher, R. Glaser, B. Marschner, J. Schlesinger, & D. Nyandoro. 2015. Contribution of Urban and Periurban Agriculture to Household Food and Nutrition Security Along the Urban–Rural Continuum in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems: 32(1); 5–20.
- Davies, S. 2011. Income, Gender, and Consumption : A Study of Malawian Households. J. The Journal of Developing Areas. Volume 52 Number 3. pp 1-25.
- Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia. 2009. Health Profile of Indonesia. Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia. Jakarta.
- Food Security Council. 2009. Indonesia Food Security and Nutrition 2015. Food Security Council of the Republic of Indonesia. Jakarta.
- Fawole, W.O., B. Ozkan, & F.A. Ayanrinde. (2016). Measuring Food Security Status Among Households in Osun State, Nigeria. British Food Journal : Vol. 118 Iss 7, 1554-1567.
- Hanafie, R. 2010. The Role of Traditional Local Staple Foods in Diversifying Food Consumption. J. J-SEP Vol. 4 No. 2. July 2, 2010.
- Indriani, Y., Kalsum, U., &; Hernanda, E.N.P. 2016. Food Security of Farmer Households in Food Insecure Villages. Thesis. University of Lampung. Float.
- Irawan, N.C. 2010. Resilience and Welfare of Farmer Households in Bantul, Sleman, and Kulon Progo Districts. Thesis. UGM. Yogyakarta.
- Ismiasih. 2013. Consumption, Diversity, and Food Security at the Household Level in the Special Region of Yogyakarta. Dissertation. Post-Graduate Program. UGM.
- Jovanovic, M. (2016). Empirical Analysis of Income Changes Impact on Food Consumption Expenditure. Agriculture & Forestry, Vol. 62 Issue 3, 49-56.
- Mulyo, J. H., A. Musyafak, N.R. Timisela, T. Dirhamsyah, &; S.S.K. Jabbaro. 2013. Research Report. Analysis of Food Availability and Consumption Patterns of People in Food Insecure Areas. Universitas Gadjah Mada collaborates with Balitbang Pertanian. 112 p.
- Deliberation, A. 2012. Optimization of Sustainable Farming and Household Food Security based on Crop Livestock System on Tidal Land. Dissertation S3. UGM. Yogyakarta.
- Omotayo, A.O., A.I. Ogunniyi, B.H.M. Tchereni, & B.M. Mandleni. 2018. Understanding The Link Between Households Poverty and Food Security in South West Nigeria. J. The Journal of Developing Areas. Volume 52 Number 3. pp 27-38.
- Regulation of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Indonesia Number 75. 2013. Recommended Nutritional Adequacy Rate for Indonesians. Jakarta.
- Purwantini, T.B., H.P.S. Rachman, &; M. Ariani. 2005. Distribution of Provinces in Indonesia According to the Degree of Household Food Security. Center for Socioeconomic Research and Agricultural Policy Analysis. Bogor.
- Rosyadi, I. &; D. Purnomo. 2012. Food Security Level of Households in Disadvantaged Villages. J. Development Economics. Volume 13 Number 2 December 2012. 303-315.
- Suyatno. 2012. Consumption Survey as an Indicator of Nutritional Status. Faculty of Public Health. Diponegoro University. Semarang.
- Tiwasing, P., P. Dawson, & G. Garrod. 2018. Food Security of Rice-Farming Households in Thailand : Logit Analysis. The Journal Developing Areas. Vol. 52 No. 1. pp 85-98.
How to Cite This
Copyright and Permissions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.