Nurse work stress causative factors during the new normal period of COVID-19 outbreak in D.I Yogyakarta Province
The prevalence of cases Covid-19 in the New Normal period is still high in the number, that matter affects nurses of work stress. These situations can affect the physical and mental health of nurses. This study aims to determine the relationship of demographic factors and factor additional stress during COVID -19 outbreaks with stress levels of nurses working on the new normal period COVID -19 in the Special Province of Yogyakarta. This type of study was descriptive correlative that aims to determine the relationship of demographic factors with the level of work stress nurses with applied a cross-sectional study design. The study located in the Yogyakarta Special Region Province with the implementation time started on July 1 - July 31, 2020. The samples of this study were clinical nurses who working in health care facilities during the new normal COVID-19 period in the Special Province of Yogyakarta. There were 595 nurses who sampled in this study. The Data collection techniques in this study were directly from the data source using an online questionnaire. . The further results of the research found that there are several factors that influence the work stress of nurses during new normal COVID-19 such as gender, type of health work facility in covid-19 pandemic era, types of nurses in handling covid-19 patients, and length of work (?=1.00). Besides other factors that also influence among them are age (?=0.06), level of education (?=0.40), and work units during the covid-19 pandemic(?=0.89). In order to reduce stress levels, nurses in the COVID-19 new normal era should promote self-evaluation, improve positive coping mechanisms, and improve the good quality of communication techniques in interpersonal relations, so that will facilitate the implementation of daily tasks that ultimately establish good cooperation to complete the task.
There is no Figure or data content available for this article
2. Fuada, N., Wahyuni, I., & Kurniawan, B. (2017). Faktor-Faktoryang Berhubungan dengan Stres Kerja Pada Perawat Kamar Bedah di Instalasi Bedah Sentral RSUD K.R.M.T. Wongsonegoro Semarang. Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat ( E- Journal), 255-63.
3. Perwitasari, D. T., Nurbeti, N., & Armyanti, I. (2015). Faktor-Faktor yang Mempengaruhi Tingkatan Stres pada Tenaga Kesehatan di RS Universitas Tanjungpura Pontianak Tahun 2015. 553-61
4. Tran, T. T., Nguyen, N. B., Luong, M. A., Bui, T. H., Phan, T. D., Tran, V. O., . . . Nguyen, T. Q. (2019). Stress,Anxiety and Depression in Clinical Nurses in Vietnam: A Cross Sectional Survey and Cluster Analysis. International Journal of Mental Health Systems, 1-11
5. Cheung, T., & Yip, P. S. (2015). Depression, Anxiety and Symptoms of Stress among Hongkong Nurses: A Cross Sectional Study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 11072-100.
6. Petreanu, V., Iordache, R., & Seracin, M. (2013). Assessment of Work Stress Influence on Work Productivity in Romanian Companies. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 420-25.
7. Kinzie, E., Blake, A., R. Alvares, I., & Ricket, M. (2015 ). Mental Health Screening in North Sulawesi,Indonesia: Kessler 6 pilot data and needs assessment results from the LearnToLive Indonesian Health Initiative. Asia-Pacific Psychiatry, 1-9
8. ILO. (2016). Workplace Stress: A Collective Challenge. Geneva Switzerland: ILO Publication.
9. WHO. (2020). Laboratory testing for coronaviruse disease 2019 (COVID-19) in suspected human cases. Switzerland: Geneva.
10. DIY, Humas Pemda. 2020. Laporan Harian Covid-19. www.jogjaprov.go.id/.(2 Agustus 2020).
11. Notoatmodjo, S. (2018). Metodologi Penelitian Kesehatan. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
12. Sugiyono. (2017). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D. Bandung : CV Alfabeta.
13. Crawford, J. C. (2003). Depression Anxiety Stres Scale (DASS-42). British Journal of Clinical Psycology.
14. Hurrel &McLaney. (1988). Eksposure to Job Stress.
15. Nurazizah. (2017). Faktor - Faktor yang Berhubungan dengan Stres Kerja pada Perawat di Ruang Rawat Inap Kelas III RS X Jakarta. UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta.
16. Pipin. (2014). Hubungan Antara Dukungan Sosial Dengan Stres Kerja Pada Tenaga Kesehatan Non Keperawatan Di RS. Ortopedi Prof. Dr. R. Soeharso Surakarta. Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta.
17. Nasir, A., & Muhith, A. (2011). Dasar-dasar keperawatan jiwa: pengantar dan teori. Jakarta: Salemba Medika.
18. Abdul, N., & Abdul, M. (2011). Dasar-dasar Keperawatan jiwa, Pengantar dan Teori. Jakarta: Salemba Medika.
19. IASC, I.-A. S. (2020). Reference group for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings versi 1.0. Geneva: IASC.
20. Tehrani. Dkk, (2012). The Relationship between Job Stress and Mental Health, Personality Type and Life Events among Nurses in Tehran, Iran. Iran Red Crescent Med J 2012; 14(8):1-2
How to Cite This
Copyright and Permissions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Teknologi Kesehatan (Jurtekkes) means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. Jurtekkes granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by Jurtekkes in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
Jurtekkes journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Jurtekkes journal Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.