Purpose: to identify and analyze the ability of Pseudomonas sp for plastic waste degradation. Method: This study was a quasi-experimental design with post-test only with control design, using local Pseudomonas sp insulated of Piyungan landfill. Fertilizer media used BHI and selective medium for Pseudomonas Sp namely Cetrimide agar, and characterized by a series of microbact 24E kitt. Isolate elected was suspended with concentration 106CFU/ml, 107CFU/ml, and 108CFU /ml. Furthermore, distributed with volume of 10 ml suspension into each container that containing liquid of standard medium of Basal Salt and plastic (plastic black and white), with control negative (without the addition of bacteria). The incubation time for the plastic to degrade was 49 days at a temperature of 37°C, with periodic harvesting plastic every 7 days. Determination of degradation products was based on the percentage of weight loss plastic after treatment. The data analysis used anova and paired t-test to determine differences in treatment and control. Results: Results of this research showed that there were significant differences between the addition of Pseudomonas putida into media containing plastic compared to control, according to percentage of degradation.The percentage of degradation of the white plastic in the 49 days reached 3.29%, with a dose response of 108 CFU /100mg plastic while the black plastic was degraded with the percentage of degradation reached 4.7%, with a dose response of 107 CFU /100mg black plastic. Conclusion: Pseudomonas putida can degrade the plastic black or white. Percentage degradation of black plastic is greater, faster, and lower Dose response Pseudomonas putida than white plastic.
There is no Figure or data content available for this article
2. Warlina, L., Noor, E., Fauzi, A., Tarumingkeng, R.C., Sutjahjo, H.S. Kebijakan Manajemen Lingkungan untuk Emisi Dioksin/Furan yang Bersumber dari Industry Logam. Jurnal Organisasi dan Manajemen. 2008;4 (2): 63-72.
3. Muthukumar, A & Veerappapilai, S. Biodegradation of Plastic-A Brief Review. Int J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 2015; 31(2): 204-209.
4. Prabhat, S., Bhattacharya, S., Vishal, V., Kalyan, R.K., Vijai, K., Pandey, K.N., Singh, M. Studies on Isolation and Identification of Active Microorganisms during Degradation of Polyethylene/Starch Film. International Research Journal of Environmental Sciences. 2013;Vol.2 (9): 83-85.
5. Saminathan, P., Sripriya, A., Nalini, K., Sivakumar, T., Thangapandiyan, V. Biodegradation of Plastics by Pseudomonas putida Isolated from Garden Soil Samples. Journal of Advanced Botany and Zoology.2014;Vol.1(3).
6. Kyaw B.M., Champakalaksmi, R., Sakhakar, M.K., Lim, C.S., Sakhakar, K.R. Biodegradation of Low Density Polythene (LDPE) by Pseudomonas species. Indian J Microbiol. 2012;52(3):411-419.
7. Balasubramanian, V., Natarajan, K., Hemambika, B., Rames, N., Sumathi, C.S., Kottaimuthu, R., Kannan, V.R. High-density polyethylene (HDPE)-degrading potential bacteria from marine ecosystem of Gulf of Mannar, India. Letters in Applied Microbiology;2010.
8. Kathiresan, K. Polyethylena and Plastics Degrading Microbes from the Mangrove Soil.Revista de Biologia Tropica.2003; 51(3):629-634.
9. Fadlilah, F.R dan Shovitri, M. (2014) Potensi Isolat Bakteri Bacillus dalam Mendegradasi Plastik dengan Metode Kolom Winogradsky. Jurnal Teknik Pomits.2014; 3(2): 40-43.
10. Ainiyah, D.N dan Shovitri, M. Bakteri Tanah Sampah Pendegradasi Plastik dalam Kolom Winogradsky. Jurnal Teknik Pomits. 2014; 3(2): 63-66.
How to Cite This
Copyright and Permissions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Teknologi Kesehatan (Jurtekkes) means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. Jurtekkes granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by Jurtekkes in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
Jurtekkes journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Jurtekkes journal Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.