Decrease anxiety in the third trimester of pregnancy: impact on hypnobirthing
Most pregnant women experience worries, anxieties, and fears both during pregnancy, during labor, and after delivery. Relaxation-hypnobirthing is one of the non-pharmacological therapies that can be done to overcome psychological problems that often occur in the third trimester of pregnancy. This study aims to analyze the effect of hypnobirthing relaxation therapy on anxiety experienced by pregnant women in the third trimester of pregnancy. This study used a pre-experimental design with a pretest-post-group design. It used purposive sampling with 60 third-trimester of pregnant women as respondents. The data normality test uses the skewness value and the standard error results from 2 so that the data distribution is normal. Test data analysis using Paired T-Test. Based on the characteristics of most respondents aged 20-35 years old as many as 40 people (66.67%), most respondents with junior high school-high school education as many as 30 people (50%), the majority of respondents being housewives as many as 34 people (56.7%) and for parity the majority of primiparas as many as 42 people (70%). Bivariate analysis showed that the p-value of anxiety is 0.000 with the difference of mean is 7.41. There is an effect of hypnobirthing relaxation on reducing anxiety in third-trimester pregnant women.
There is no Figure or data content available for this article
- Prawirohardjo S. Buku Ilmu Kebidanan. Jakarta: Yayasan Bina Pustaka Sarwono Prawirohardjo; 2011.
- Romauli S. Konsep Dasar Asuhan Kehamilan. Yogyakarta: Nuha Medika; 2011.
- Hasim RP. Gambaran Kecemasan Ibu Hamil. Vol. 4, Skripsi. 2016.
- Kuswandi L. Keajaiban Hypnobirthing. Jakarta: Pustaka Bunda; 2011.
- Rubertsson C, Hellström J, Cross M, Sydsjö G. Anxiety in early pregnancy: Prevalence and contributing factors. Arch Womens Ment Health. 2014;17(3):221–8.
- Phillips-Moore J. Birthing outcomes from an Australian hypno birthing programme. Br J Midwifery. 2012;20(8):558–64.
- Maulida LF, Wahyuni ES. Hypnobirthing Sebagai Upaya Menurunkan Kecemasan Pada ibu hamil. Gaster. 2020;18(1):98.
- Imannura PSU, Budihastuti UR, Poncorini E. The Effectiveness of Hypnobirthing in Reducing Anxiety Level During Delivery. J Matern Child Health. 2016;01(03):200–4.
- Cox EQ, Stuebe A, Pearson B, Grewen K, Rubinow D, Meltzer-Brody S. Oxytocin and HPA stress axis reactivity in postpartum women. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2015;55:164–72.
- Stuebe AM, Grewen K, Meltzer-Brody S. Association between maternal mood and oxytocin response to breastfeeding. J Womens Health. 2013;22(4):352–61.
- Julian LJ. Measures of Anxiety. Arthritis Care. 2011;63(0 11):1–11.
- Ali U, Hasan S. The Effectiveness of Relaxation Therapy in the Reduction of Anxiety Related Symptoms (A Case Study). Int J Psychol Stud. 2010;2(2):202–8.
- El-aziz KSA, Mamdouh AM. International Journal of Pharm Tech Research. 2015;8(10):4304.
- Sariati Y, Windari EN, Aini N, Hastuti R, Persalinan L. Pengaruh Hypnobirthing Terhadap Tingkat Kecemasan Ibu Bersalin dan Lama. J Ilm Bidan. 2016;1(3):35–44.
- Aprillia Y. Bebas Takut Hamil dan Melahirkan. Jakarta: PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama; 2014.
- Nasiri S, Kordi M, Gharavi M, Lotfabadi M. Effect of problem-solving therapy and relaxation on the severity of postpartum depressive symptoms: A randomized controlled trial. Nurs Midwifery Stud. 2018;7(1):6.
How to Cite This
Copyright and Permissions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at the private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.