Pregnancy exercise with breathing exercise on changes in hemoglobin levels in anemic pregnant women
Low hemoglobin levels in pregnant women will cause various complications for the mother and fetus. Pregnancy exercise is an exercise that prepares pregnant women physically and mentally for labor. The purpose study was to see the difference between pregnancy exercise to the combination of pregnancy exercise and breathing exercise to the change in hemoglobin levels in anemic pregnant women. This study was a quasi-experimental study with a nonrandomized design pretest and posttest with control group design aimed at analyzing the effect of pregnancy exercise on hemoglobin levels of pregnant women. The location of the study was conducted at Putri Ayu Public Health Center, Jambi, Indonesia in 2018. Samples were taken by purposive sampling technique as many as 30 people were divided into control and treatment groups. The independent t-test showed that there was increasing level of hemoglobin level of pregnant women who exercise with breathing techniques (t=0.288; df=28; p-value=0.776; mean=0.0667; SE=0.23161; 95%CI= (-4077)-0.54110) and exercises without breathing techniques (t=0.288; df=19.422; p-value=0.777; mean=0.0667; SE=0.23161; 95%CI= (-4174)-0.55073). The dependent t-test shows that pregnancy exercise with breathing exercise was increasing hemoglobin level more than pregnancy exercise without breathing exercise (p-value=0.010). Pregnancy exercise with breathing exercise was more effective to increase the hemoglobin level in anemic pregnant women.
There is no Figure or data content available for this article
2. Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Riset Kesehatan Dasar. Kementrian Kesehatan RI. 2013. 87–90 p.
3. Setiawati Budi Ferdiana SI. Pengaruh Pemberian Senam Hamil Terhadap Peningkatan Kapasitas Vital Paru Pada Ibu Hamil. J Fisioter Indonusa. 2008;2(2).
4. Maryunani. senam hamil senam nifas dan therapi musik. 2011
5. Kemenkes RI. Pedoman Pelaksanaan Kelas Ibu Hamil. Kementrian Kesehatan RI. 2011. p. 1–26.
6. Irmawati. Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat J-Kesmas Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat. 2018;4(1):43–7.
7. Nida Q. Pengaruh Senam Hamil Terhadap Perubahan Kadar Hemoglobin (Hb) Pada Kehamilan Trimester Ketiga. Kesehatan. 2010;3(2):120–8.
8. DINAS KESEHATAN KOTA JAMBI. DATA KIA KOTA JAMBI 2017. In 2017. p. 102.
9. Wagey F, Pangkahila A, Surya I, Bagiada A. Exercise Reduce Oxidative Damage in Pregnancy. Indones J Biomed Sci. 2011;5(2).
10. Mardianti. PENGARUH SENAM HAMIL TERHADAP KADAR HEMOGLOBIN PADA IBU HAMIL DI WILAYAH KERJA PUSKESMAS RENGASDENGKLOK KARAWANG. J kebidanan Indonesia. 2018;9(1).
11. Wahyuni & Layinatu Nimah. MANFAAT SENAM HAMIL UNTUK MENINGKATKAN DURASI TIDUR IBU HAMIL. J Kesehat Masy Unnes. 2013;2(1):128–36.
12. Ulum Z. Pengaruh Penambahan Breathing Exercise Pada Senam Hamil Terhadap Peningkatan Kapasitas Vital Paru Ibu Hamil. Undefined. 2017. 1–14 p.
13. Bigan ECS. Hubungan Senam Hamil Dengan Detak Jantung Janin Pada Ibu Hamil Di Wilayah Kerja Puskesmas Kereng Bangkirai Kota Palangkaraya. J Info Kesehat. 2018;16(2):226–35.
14. Natalina. PERBANDINGAN PENGARUH SENAM HAMIL DAN EDUKASI TENTANG ANEMIA TERHADAP KADAR HEMOGLOBIN (Hb) PADA IBU HAMIL. https://proceeding.stikesmp.ac.id/filebae/RENDA%20(472-481)%2016.pdf. 2017;5
15. Widyawati, Syahrul F. Pengaruh Senam Hamil Terhadap Proses Persalinan dan Status Kesehatan Neonatus. J Berk Epidemiol [Internet]. 2013;1(2):316–24. Available from: http://journal.unair.ac.id/filerPDF/jbe53f8249247full.pdf
How to Cite This
Copyright and Permissions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Publishing your paper with Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak means that the author or authors retain the copyright in the paper. Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak granted an exclusive reuse license by the author(s), but the author(s) are able to put the paper onto a website, distribute it to colleagues, give it to students, use it in your thesis etc, even commercially. The author(s) can reuse the figures and tables and other information contained in their paper published by Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak in future papers or work without having to ask anyone for permission, provided that the figures, tables or other information that is included in the new paper or work properly references the published paper as the source of the figures, tables or other information, and the new paper or work is not direct at the private monetary gain or commercial advantage.
Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This license lets others remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Jurnal Kesehatan Ibu dan Anak Open Access articles are distributed under this Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA). Articles can be read and shared for All purposes under the following conditions:
- BY: You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- SA: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.