Increasing parents’ knowledge about the effect of parents’ attachment to adolescent stress during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Novel Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19) pandemic had a significant impact on human survival. This phenomenon causes changes in various aspects of life such as the teaching and learning process, it moved at home by e-learning and adolescent must experience anxiety, stress or boredom. The purpose of this study is to increase parents' knowledge about the influence of parents' attachment to adolescent stress. The method is an online meeting through a zoom meeting. The study was carried out in Sukoharjo, Ngaglik District, Sleman Regency involving 50 teenagers' parents. There is an influence of parents’ attachment to adolescent stress during the COVID-19 pandemic and the stress level of adolescents depends on their attachment to parents. After 3 months of implementing the mentoring activities, 88 % of the respondents have a good category about the influence of parents’ attachment to adolescent stress during the COVID-19 pandemic.
There is no Figure or data content available for this article
- Susilo A, Rumende CM, Pitoyo CW, Santoso WD, Yulianti M, Herikurniawan H, et al. Coronavirus Disease 2019: Tinjauan Literatur Terkini. J Penyakit Dalam Indones. 2020;7(1):45.
- F F, SR R. Pembelajaran Online di Tengah Pandemi Covid-19. Indones J Educ Sci. 2020;2(2):81–9.
- Bao Y, Sun Y, Meng S, Shi J, Lu L. 2019-nCoV epidemic: address mental health care to empower society. Lancet. 2020;395(10224):e37–8.
- De Sousa A, Mohandas E, Javed A. Psychological Interventions during COVID-19: Challenges for low and middle income countries. Asian J Psychiatry. 2020;51:102–28.
- Z Z, GI K. Impact of Corona Virus Outbreak Towards Teaching and Learning Activities in Indonesia. SALAM J Sos dan Budaya Syari. 2020;7(3).
- Bahn GH. Coronavirus Disease 2019, School Closures, and Children’s Mental Health. J Korean Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2020;31(2):74–9.
- Subarto. Momentum Keluarga Mengembangkan Kemampuan Belajar Peserta Didik Di Tengah Wabah Pandemi Covid-19. Adalah Bul Huk dan Keadilan. 2020;4:13–8.
- Santrock J. Remaja:Edisi 11, Jilid 2. Jakarta: Erlangga; 2007.
- Dewi, A. A. A., & Valentina TD. Hubungan Kelekatan Orangtua-Remaja dengan Kemandirian pada Remaja di SMK N 1 Denpasar. J Psikol Udayana. 2013;1:181–9.
- Cao W, Fang Z, Hou G, Han M, Xu X, Dong J, et al. The psychological impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on college students in China. Psychiatry Res. 2020;287(March):112934.